Baked Potato on grill
Baked Potato on grill is the best thing you will ever have as a side order with any main course. They are easy to cook. Above all the taste of baked potatoes is super yummy and mouth watering. Definitely the secret of delicious taste of Baked Potato on grill is in its cooking process. By garnishing them well and cooking them on direct heat, keeps the potatoes moist from inside and crispy from outside. Today i will tell you a new way to make Baked Potato on grill.
The best thing about this Baked Potato on grill recipe is that they are super soft from inside and crispy from outside. These potatoes can be load with different toppings according to your taste and demands. Along with these toppings taste of this baked potato on grill will enhance.
Baked Potato on grill undoubtedly makes life easy especially when you can bake potato in just 15 minutes while giving BBQ flavor to potatoes. I even can not believe that Baked Potato on grill recipe is so easy that you just have to pierce your potatoes 4-5 time with folk and than just bakes them on grill for 10-12 minutes and Hurrah! your Baked Potato on grill is ready.
Apart from this there’s no baby sitting, no use of extra pans and no extra time to make this. You just need 10 minutes and your food is ready. Ah! I forget to mention that they have a salt crust which enhance it’s flavor more.
BBQ Baked Potato
There are many methods of making Baked Potato on grill and many of them do not gives the taste of BBQ in potatoes. One of method involves wrapping potatoes with foil and than place it directly on grill but cooking this on grill does not gives specific BBQ flavor at all.
I give you a better recipe to Baked Potato on grill. To get a perfect Baked Potato firstly, wrap potatoes with heavy duty aluminium foil and than place it on grill at 350 degrees for 60 minutes and than cooked unwrapped over direct heat. By using this method, you will get a slow rise in temperature but the heavy duty aluminium foil keeps the heat in to evenly cook the potatoes. After 60 minutes peel off the heavy duty aluminium foil and put them on direct heat to crisp the skin and this will gives potatoes a rich BBQ flavor.
Baked Potato along with foil
When we talk about Baked Potato along with foil I personally recommend you guys to cover the potatoes with heavy duty aluminium foil before placing them on grill. Cooking potato in aluminium foil helps the potato slowly to rise in temperature and allows each potato to cook evenly.
I recommend you strictly to use heavy duty foil because if you do not use foil it may burn the potatoes while keeping them uncooked. Covering potatoes with heavy duty aluminium foil avoid the mixture from seeping out while the food is on grill. If you do not have heavy duty aluminium foil than you can wrap two layers of regular foil to increase the strength of foil. Baked Potato on grill without foil may cook food while seeping out anything which may cause difficulty to present a good presentation of your food. The last step is very critical to get this crispy skin that will taste crunchy and delicious and soft and juicy inside.
Why These Baked Potatoes on the Grill Are So Good
- They are soft and creamy from inside and outer layer is crispy with slight taste of salt.
- Baked Potato on grill are super easy to cook
- It takes only 1 hour to grill the baked potatoes.
- There is no need to do babysitting and stand on head to prevent it from burning.
- If you cook them 4 minutes in oven before grilling than it will cook potatoes more faster.
- Grill Pan
- 5 potatoes of medium size
- 4 table spoon unsalted butter
- black pepper
- Preheat the grill to 350 degree F for 2 zone cooking.
- Wash the potatoes and clean them to remove the excess dirt from them.
- Pierce all the potatoes 4-5 times with folk.
- Place 4 layers of heavy duty aluminium foil or lay out 2 layers of regular aluminium foil.
- Set potatoes on aluminium foil. Place some olive oil and sprinkle some salt and black pepper on potatoes.
- wrap tightly all the potatoes and make sure that no potato remains unwrapped.
- Place the wrapped potatoes with heavy duty aluminium foil on indirect side of grill and make sure that not a single potato is touching each other and heat is equally distributed to all the potatoes equally.
- Close the lid of grill and let it cook for 60 minutes. After 30 minutes change the sides of potatoes. Shifting will cook both sides equally and evenly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side directly on heat. A perfect cooked Baked Potato on grill has an internal temperature of 210 degree F.
- Remove the baked potatoes from grill into your serving plate. Cut the potatoes into two pieces with knife.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and some unsalted butter on potatoes and topping of your own choice.
- Use medium size potatoes just like the size of a computer mouse. Large size potatoes will remain uncooked and small size potatoes get more soft. That’s why take medium size potatoes.
- Make sure that grill is preheated before cooking Baked Potato on grill.
- Coating the potatoes with salt is optional it will gives salt crispy and crunchy layer. If you do not use salt than it will not effect the recipe too much.
- Wrap your potato with 2 layers if you use regular aluminium foil and wrap with single layer is you use heavy duty aluminium foil.
- Microwave your potatoes 4-5 minutes before cooking them on grill. It will cook the Baked Potato on grill more quickly.
- Directly heat the potatoes on grill for 2-3 minutes for enrich BBQ flavor.
Baked Potato on grill can be served in many different ways. You can serve baked potatoes with any of the main course. Baked Potato can be used as side dish or starter as well. You can serve Baked Potato by placing some cheese in between center of baked potatoes. You can place butter or cream as well instead of cheese, it will enhance the flavor of your food. Steamed chicken, broccoli, Salsa sauce, chili sauce, beacon bites all these things can be used s toppings as well.
Potatoes are rich source of proteins and fiber. Covering potato in aluminum foil and baking it in grill will keep all the its nutrition’s safe and make it healthier. This recipe is less in calories because potatoes are cholesterol free and fat free. It is useful for the people who are on diet.
Baked Potato on grill
Baked Potato on grill are best baked potatoes you will ever have. They have crispy salt crust with super moist soft and juicy inside. They have a specific BBQ flavor. The richness in its BBQ flavor is due to its unique recipe. By seasoning baked potato with salt and black pepper, wrapping them in aluminium foil and grilling them on preheat grill pan and finishing them on direct heat makes them moist from inside and crispy from outside.
Prep Time 10 minutes Cooking Time 1 hour and 10 minutes Total Time 1 hour and 20 minutes Cuisine American Course Side dish
Let me tell you another side dish which is craving satisfy, Do not forget to try out Air Fryer Tatar Tots